Sometimes, you just come across a story and fail to fathom the sheer inhumane behavior depicted in it. As suggested in the title, husband dumped his wife after he accidentally set her on fire.
`Newlyweds Mitch and Courtney Waldron from Georgia, were enjoying a beautiful camping trip when it happened.
So let us tell you what exactly happened. The couple was sitting by their campfire when the flames began to die down. In response, Mitch decided to pour gasoline on the fire- setting his wife Courtney ablaze in the process.
Crazy, right? Needless to say, Courtney was in terrible pain. “I was in pain. I was sitting there slapping my face, constantly trying to get it off. I stopped dropped and rolled while screaming bloody murder. I thought I was dying.”
Just When She Needed
She was rushed to the hospital and 40% of her body was burnt. She ended up spending 51 days in the hospital, undergoing 20 separate surgeries. Still, she is very greatly disfigured.
This is when she needed her husband the most. But with only two weeks after she was released from the hospital, Mitch tells her that he is leaving her to raise her 4-year-old daughter, and pay 2 million dollars worth of medical bills all by herself.
“Even though it was an accident, I have yet to receive an ‘I’m sorry that I changed your life,” Courtney said. Luckily, after hearing about her story, her community banded together to build her a house. She also has a GoFundMe account dedicated to paying her medical bills.
Now she knows the reality of her partner. Her husband leaving her was a blessing in disguise according to her.